Wednesday, February 23, 2011

In sickness and in health

Yuck.  I feel like death.  I knew this was going to happen.  Jesse was sick last week, and my co-workers are dropping like flies.

I have not been able to work out all week, which already makes me feel horrible.  Yesterday, as soon as I got home from work, I curled up on the couch with a pillow and blanket and didn't move until 8 pm.  Then at eight o'clock, I took a shot of Nyquil, slathered some Vicks on my chest, and climbed into bed.  

Jesse said I smelled like an old woman.  Which in my Nyquil induced state, I took as a compliment.

I woke up this morning and felt like a three hundred pound man was sitting on my chest.  It hurt just to cough.  I was really considering calling into work, but it's the end of the month and heaven forbid we don't hit our numbers.  Luckily I hit all of my goals today, so if I still feel like death tomorrow, I will not be going to work.

Anyway, I made it through the day and even came home and started the laundry and cleaned up the kitchen.  Now I'm curled up on the couch with 'The Monster', and Jesse is picking me up a sandwich and cup of soup from McCallisters.  yummy...

The rest of the night will be made up of  last night's episode of "Parenthood" (my favorite show on television), the IU and Purdue game, another shot of Nyquil, and most definitely some more Vicks.

Gosh, I don't just smell like an old lady, I am an old lady!



No comments: