Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valetine's Day!

This has been a great Valentine's day for me so far!

My husband asked me last week what I wanted for Valentine's Day, and I told him that I only wanted the house to be clean when I came home this weekend. You see, I had to go out of town for work, and there is nothing worse than working all weekend and then coming home and having to clean up the messes left behind by your husband and dog. (I know this because it has happened on several occasions)

So, I get home and there is a Valentine's Day card taped onto our front door. With a message saying something sweet, and then a note on the back saying "Go inside to get your next clue." So, I walk inside and the house is sparkling clean! This alone makes my heart melt.

Anyway, there are clues posted all over the house!  One of them said something like, "I hope you are able to take a look at yourself and see how pretty you are." Another said, "Maybe you should put on something more comfortable".   (I hope he wasn't disappointed when I put on a pair of sweatpants)

So each clue led me to a different clue...

Which ultimately ended with me getting an Ipod shuffle(which I really wanted), and a planned, relaxing evening with the man I love that involved take-out chinese, sweatpants, and a new movie.  No housework required!

So, it is now early morning on actual Valentine's day and I am extremely excited to see what today will bring...

No comments: