Monday, February 21, 2011

The coolest kids I know

This weekend we got the chance to babysit the most adorable children in my whole-wide world.

My niece and nephew.

I'm pretty sure my brother and sister-in-law really needed a break, and we are always up for babysitting.  Plus, we got to keep them for the entire night!   It cracks me up to think how incredibly excited we were about spending our whole Saturday night babysitting.  Wow!  We are really getting old.

Anyway, they were perfect little angels!  Taylor just wanted to play inside the dog crate.  The only time he ever came out of there was to get more of his toys to take in there to play with.  And Maddie just sat in her little bouncer thing and smiled a lot.  She did not cry one single time. 

This baby stuff is easy. The kiddos were asleep by 9:00.  Taylor woke up at 7:00 and Maddie slept in until 8:00.  Is it normal for kids their age to sleep that long?  Probably not...You can go ahead and start calling me the baby whisperer.  I think I've got the touch.

I was kind of sad when we had to bring them back, and I miss them already!



She was very concerned about what I was doing.


 Taylor getting ready to climb into the dog's crate.


I got one of them to look at the camera.  Let's try again...


The ladies kept calling Taylor's phone. This must have made Maddie extremely happy.  Maybe I'll give it one more try...


Nope...Oh well, they still look adorable!





I made that blanket for Taylor right after he was born.  See...I dabble in a little bit of craftiness! :)



No comments: