Thursday, January 20, 2011

Always say Good Morning

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not a morning person.  It doesn't matter if I go to bed at 7 pm.  Waking up at 6am will never be an easy or enjoyable thing for me to do.  

I do feel sorry for Jesse sometimes. He usually has to be completely silent in the mornings, just to keep the peace. This is mainly due to the fact that we both leave for work at the same time and we only have one bathroom in our house.  Yes, one bathroom.  If you've ever lived with a man, surely you can feel my pain when I say that we have only one bathroom.  But I am also sure that Jesse feels the same way about the situation.

So, not only do I not like getting up early, I actually have to get up earlier than I need to.  Just so both of us have enough time to get ready.  A few months ago, Jesse did set up a vanity area outside of our bedroom, which has helped immensely.

Anyway, yesterday I read an article online that said "Happy Couples Always Say Good Morning".  

Hmm....interesting...We should be doing this.  We're a happy couple.  Is this why the rest of the world is so happy when they get out of bed?  These two words.  Really?

Well, as Jesse and I were laying in bed last night, I mentioned the article and told him maybe we should try it. 
I'm pretty sure he thought it was kind of stupid, and I'm also pretty sure he is a little scared to say anything to me in the morning, so in his head this was probably not a good idea.  After that, I think he grunted and rolled over, and that was the end of that.  

But then, my annoying alarm started going off at way-too-early 6am, and my adorable husband rolled over and said, "mmm...Good Morning".  

And that was the highlight of my day...

2 comments:

Cat_Davis87 said...

That IS sickeningly adorable. :)

Matt texts me every morning to say, "Good Morning beautiful" (since he leaves an hour before I'm even up for work). This incidentally is our wedding song (Keith Urban). He told me the day of our wedding that no matter what, he would always tell me good morning, beautiful. And he always has. :)

A lot of people say, "Enjoy it while it lasts" but Matt and I have been married for almost 5 years and it gets better every day. If you're truly married to your best friend, it's not about enjoying it WHILE it lasts, it's about enjoying MAKING it last. :)

Valerie said...

Aww...that is super sweet! All it takes are the small things like that. Jesse could make me smile every time.