Thursday, January 27, 2011

Super Duper Tired

Yuck!  It's way after my bed time (it's only 10:15), and I still have a crap ton of things to get done tonight.  Of course I've decided to put off most of them until tomorrow, but I really do need to finish the bacon and cream cheese pinwheels I made for our pitch-in at work tomorrow.

I don't want to brag or anything, but it's the second new recipe I've tried this week.  Oh yeah, I've stepped up my game.

Back to the work pitch in, I really need to find my "thing".  We have had a thousand pitch-ins, and I'm still waiting for someone to say, "Oh my, these are delicious. Can I have your recipe? or "Valerie, are you going to bring your (fill in the blank)?  Mmmm...I love it when you make that." 

Nope, that has never happened.  I need my own signature dish.  Any suggestions?

Anyway, here is the recipe for the awesome taquitos I made yesterday. For some reason I just can't get enough Mexican food lately!

I don't like red peppers, so I used green chiles instead.  Delicious!

Ingredients

  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers, drained (from water-packed jar)
  • 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
  • 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
  • 1 1/3 cups shredded pepper jack cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and saute 5 minutes, until browned on all sides. Add roasted red peppers andliquid smoke and cook 1 minute to heat through. Arrange tortillas on a flat surface. Top each tortilla with an equal amount of chicken mixture, to within 1/4-inch of the edges. Top chicken mixture with cheese (1/3 cup of cheese per tortilla). Roll up tortillas and place on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and bake 10 minutes, until cheese melts.

Well, I'm off to the kitchen!

No comments: