Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's a love / hate relationship

I've had kind of a crummy day.  Nothing bad has happened to me personally, but I've just felt kind of horrible and unfocused and let down.  You see, today turned out to be lay-off day.

 This is round number two.

I made the cut this time, but I don't know if I will always be so lucky.  I have a hard time doing my best and giving 100% for a company that makes it very clear that I am disposable. I mean, I'm very aware of the fact that there is someone in the Phillipines that can do my job for a lot cheaper than I will, but does that mean they should?

One of my co-workers posted something online today about how he felt like we were in some twisted version of a reality TV show.  You just never know who is going to be eliminated from week to week. It's kind of scary... We have absolutely no job security.

So sorry to be such a Debbie Downer!  Let me get on with what I'm loving about today!



1.  I'm loving this new food website that I've stumbled upon.  Like seriously.  I could spend hours and hours on this site!   www.foodgawker.com Click here to check it out! 


 All you have to do is click on one of the mouth-watering pictures and it will take you straight to the recipe.  Not only that, it will take you straight to the cook's blog, which will lead to more awesome recipes!


2.  I heard Eddie Money on my way home from work today.  I have had an incredibly weird thing for Eddie Money ever since I was a child.  I have very vivid memories of begging my mother to play "Walk on Water" just one more time...

Well, a couple of summers ago, Jesse and I went to an Eddie Money concert. To say I was excited would be an understatement. And from what I hear,  I may or may not have had one too many adult beverages.  Anyway, we were pushing and shoving through the crowd so we could get as close as possible. And once we finally made it up to the front, I started screaming, "I love you Eddie!" at the top of my lungs. Apparently, this has not happened at an Eddie Money concert since the 1980s because I was getting some majorly weird looks. 

Jesse swears it was the moment he first knew that I was "the one".  :)


3.  I got to watch the show "Parenthood" tonight.  I swear this show makes me cry every week.  It is my absolute favorite show on TV.  It's so heartfelt and true and real, and every week it leaves me wanting more.  I recently had to wait like 3 whole weeks for a new episode to come on and it was absolute torture.

Well, I think that's all I have for now.  I hope everyone else had a good Wednesday!


2 comments:

CourtneyP said...

Hey! Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my post. That made my day! :) And you're right, I think a lot of women (if not MOST of them) go through the game of comparisons. We gotta break the cycle some how!

Seriously, I'm glad I left that company when I did. One of my "pod" buddies was among those that got let go yesterday and I feel horrible for him. It's a scary place and it makes me angry that they care so little about company morale.

AiringMyLaundry said...

I love Parenthood. Next week is the season finale. Someone is pregnant. Da-da-DUN.