Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The day I super glued my finger to my shoe

This happened to me yesterday.

It started off as a pretty good morning.  I wasn't in a completely horrible mood, and I was just going about my normal I-hate-getting-up-showering-putting-on-makeup-and-actually-having-to-do-something-with-my-hair-morning.  When all of a sudden, I had a genius idea...

I need to superglue my shoe.

I have an adorable little pair of black flats that I wear to work, and they have this ridiculous rubber peice on the bottom of them that is slowly peeling away.  I actually wore them the day before and decided it was probably time to shove them deep into my closet and never wear them again.  I couldn't even sit with my legs crossed in public.  I was too worried about someone staring at the bottom of my shoe.

So, back to my genius idea....

I asked Jesse if we had any super glue, and he just told me right where it was.  He didn't even ask why I needed it, or give me a "do you really think you and super glue is a good idea" stare.  Nope... nothing.  Which is why I fully blame this on him.  He should have known better than to tell me where he hid the super glue.

Anyway, I got out the shoes and put just a teeny-tiny bit of super glue under the rubber piece, and then pushed down on it for a good 30 seconds to keep everything in place.

Uh-oh...

My thumb was stuck.  Like big time stuck.  Like an embarrassing trip to the ER stuck. Like I might need to call into work stuck.

So I ran over to the stairs and yelled for Jesse, and as soon as he popped around the corner, there I was...  Standing there with a shoe hanging off of my thumb.  We instantly started laughing and both of us were just kind of staring at it like, WTF?

Finally,  Jesse told me to hold it under some hot running water.  I did that for as long as I could handle it, and then I just grabbed onto the shoe and ripped it off!

Yes, it hurt.  And yes, I ripped off some skin.  But it was so ridiculous and hilarious, that it didn't really hurt.  I laughed through the pain.

I now wish that I would have have taken a picture of this incident, just so I could post it on here, but for some reason, that didn't really cross my mind at the time.  I even tried to Google "super glued my finger to my shoe" for images, but still nothing.  Really Google?  This doesn't happen all of the time?

So because I feel like every post needs a picture, here's an image of the super glue I used.  Be careful.  It's sticky.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Using Super Glue for rubber shoes is really a genius idea. However, when doing this, make sure that you're working on a well-ventilated area where you can do your project without getting any chest pain and asthmatic tendency due to the strong odor of your adhesive. And of course, try using it in a minimal amount so that you could avoid being glued to something.

#Shannon@InstantCA.com