Friday, March 11, 2011

Will you be my friend?

Seriously, my bff and I were just talking the other day about how hard it is to make friends after college.  I mean, I have a lot of aquaintances at work that are super cool cats (I hear people say this all the time and I've always wanted to use it), and I'm sure we'd get along great as friends, but...

1.  I see them 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
2.  Anytime we do hang out after work, we only talk about work.
3.  How do you ask a work buddy to be your friend?  (Gosh that sounds childish)

I think I would be way too embarassed to just walk up to someone and say, "Hey, I think we would make great friends.  Wanna hang out sometime?" 

That sounds embarrasing, and what if they don't think we would make good friends?  What if they are only nice to me because we work side-by-side every single day?

I've only lived in Bloomington for about a year and a half, and sometimes I will get together with the girls from work and have a ladies night, but those are few and far between.  Besides that, I haven't really made many friends here.  Which I've always been okay with because I feel like Jesse and I never get to spend any time together. 

But here recently... I've been really missing my girl friends.  Someone I can call up and see if they want to go get a pedicure or have lunch downtown, or do anything that doesn't involve laying around on the couch and watching ESPN.

So, I guess for now I will settle for seeing my BFF once a month, and traveling to different counties to visit all of my other girl friends...

Does anyone have any friends they'd like to hook me up with?  (I'm just kidding.....kind of)

No comments: