Monday, March 14, 2011

Epic Fail Cupcakes

Well today we had another pitch-in at work, and as most of you know, I'm still trying to find "my thing".

 Let me tell you...today was not the day.

Last night, I spent a boat-load of time making these little strawberry shortcake cupcakes.  They were absolutely adorable and only had 68 calories a piece!  I seriously thought that this could end up being my thing!  I mean, how can you beat cake + strawberries + whip cream?

So the cupcakes were super fun to make and I even cut up some fresh strawberries to put on top of each of them.  

Here is what they looked like right after I was done: (Well kind of, I forgot to take a picture so I found this one on google.) (I promise that mine looked equally as good.)




Well come to find out, apparently it is a horrible idea to ice something with whip cream and then leave it in the fridge all night.  Because when I woke up this morning, my cupcakes looked like this:




Bummer...all that hard work and I was too ashamed to even take these suckers to work and admit that I made them. :(  Even my husband was too embarrassed to bring these pitiful cupcakes to work. That's definitely bad...very, very bad.

On a completely unrelated note... I called one of my authors today and when their voicemail picked up, it went a little something like this (You have to say this in a sexy womans voice):  "Hi, you've reached Jan and Dave, we can't come out to play right now, but leave a message and we'll call you back."    eeewwww....gross... 

No comments: