Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Greek food...yummy

Let me start this by telling you a little bit about my weekend...

So, I spent most of my weekend sprawled out on the couch with my pajamas, my favorite quilt, reality television, and a box of tissues.  I called in to work on Friday and I think I only got off of the couch on two seperate occasions.  I showered right before Jesse came home and then I got up once to make a chicken pot pie.  That's it.  Although I felt like complete dog poop, it was kind of nice to be so extremely lazy.

Well, on Sunday I was finally starting to feel a little bit better, so I hoisted my fat arse up off of the couch and decided it was probably time to get some things done. My pile of tissues kept growing, and I'm pretty sure Jesse was secretly disgusted by me.  Plus we had no food in the house and we were both starving.

So I did something completely out of ordinary... 

I made a grocery list.

I know, I know...I have no idea what got into me. If you know me, you know that I do not make lists, and I do not plan things.  I normally go into the grocery store with nothing in mind and just kind of walk through every aisle and grab whatever looks good.  This never really works out all that well though, so I'm not sure why I continue to do this.

Anyway, not only did I make a grocery list, but I planned out every meal for two whole weeks.  Crazy!

Jesse and I have both started to enjoy ethnic food.  Especially since moving to Bloomington because there is just such a wide variety of restaurants to choose from!  Well, we have an ethnic grocery store in town and I decided to stop in and grab some stuff to make gyros.  My all-time favorite greek food!

And let me tell you...they were amazing!  Jesse and I made them after work last night and now I really need to invite someone over for dinner, so I can impress them with my awesome greek cooking skills!  Seriously, these things were authentic.  Greek pitas, gyro meat (which is what the package said.  I'm almost positive this is lamb, but I can't be sure), and even feta cheese.



Okay, so I found this picture on google, but our gyros looked even better than this!  I completely meant to take a picture of them, but I was so extremely excited to take a bite. And then once I took one bite, I couldn't stop eating.

mmm...I hope these things are in my diet because I would really like to make them again this week!


Let me leave you with a few more pictures of my neice and nephew.   My sister-in-law has been posting the most adorable pictures online and I feel like I need to share them with everyone I know!





No comments: