Tuesday, March 8, 2011

There's some serious slacking going on!

So, I'm super sorry for not posting anything within the last week.  I've been exhauseted lately!

We started the Biggest Loser Competition at work last week, so I have been going to the gym every night after work, and preparing all of our dinners and lunches and trying to keep up with the house. Plus, I had drill this weekend and had to work, so right now I am on day number 9 of work and seriously can't wait for the weekend to get here.

So back to the Biggest Loser...  Let me tell you, I've been working my butt off.  I went to the gym 4 days in a row and even took a kickboxing class on Friday.  We had a personal trainer come to work and teach a class on our lunch break.  I was super pumped about this, but I had some serious anxiety on Friday morning.  Did anyone else bring workout clothes or were they just wearing their regular work clothes? (It was casual Friday) I didn't want to change into workout gear and then walk in the auditorium like I was super hardcore, while everyone else just showed up in regular clothes. Anyway, it turned out that other people brought clothes to change into too, and thank goodness I did because that class kicked my bigger-than-it's-supposed-to-be butt.

Then yesterday morning we had our very first weigh in and guess how much I lost???

(Drum Roll please)

None.  Not a freakin pound.  It still makes me just a little bit upset.  I mean, I went out to dinner with friends on Saturday and they just HAD to go to Denny's.  Denny's?  What the heck was I going to eat at Denny's?  I'll tell you what I ate.  I ate a fresh bowl of fruit, a whole wheat blueberry pancake, and some turkey bacon.  And for what?  For freaking nothing!  I went to Denny's and ate turkey bacon for goodness sake!  &@!*

But then after our weigh-in, I got the most random call from my husband and that made my day just a little bit brighter. 

Jesse:  Hey are you busy?
Me:  Not too busy. Why? What’s up?
Jesse:  I just wanted to call and tell you about the sign that’s posted in front of the strip club.
Me:  Oh… Okay. What does it say?
Jesse: “Half price dances between 3pm-6pm.”  Hahaha, that’s disgusting!  Who would go to the strip club between 3 and 6?
Me:  I don’t know, but that is pretty disgusting.  I’m sure they only have the B team out between 3 and 6.
Jesse:  Hahahahahaha….This is why I love you.  Have a good day.
Me: Love you too. Bye

No comments: