Friday, January 21, 2011

Lets Talk Football

The end of the football season is rapidly approaching, and I believe it is going to be a bittersweet day for me.  I really do enjoy watching football, but I also enjoy Sunday nights on HBO or NBC Thursdays. I really just miss watching anything but Monday/Thursday/Sunday/and sometimes Saturday Night Countdown...

I never really cared about football until Jesse and I started dating, but now I end up watching more of it than he does.  Which is mainly because he falls asleep on the couch and then wakes up every time I try to change the channel. 

This year Jesse talked me into playing in his fantasy football league with all of the guys he works with.  My team was absolutely horrible. Which is probably because I felt bad for my players and refused to drop any of them.  If they had a bad week, I had faith that they would do better next week and it would be okay... 

I'm sad to say that this never really worked out for me...

Unfortunately, Gingers Unite (my awesome team name) ended the season with a 4-8 record, and lost to Jesse in the first round of Playoffs.  But not before I got in a little smack talk and earned the respect of all the men he works with. 


Dear Deem Team,

There's still a chance that Tom Brady could pull out another 40 point game for me tonight. I hope you're ready to lose. Don't worry though, I will pick up a box of tissues for you to dry your sad, losing tears. And just think, next week you'll still get play in the "Winner's" Consolation Bracket. That should help take the sting out of the tremendous upset that is about to end your fantasy football career.

Love,
your wife

This was a seriously proud moment for me.  I might of had to google smack talk, but I came up with most of this myself.

So, I don't exactly know where I'm going with this ridiculous post about football, but I want to leave you with a few of the football conversations that took place in the Deem household.


Convo #1

Me:  Do football players wear cups?
Jesse:  Why would you ask that?  No, they don’t wear cups.
Me:  Well, I can see their penises.
Jesse: (shaking his head) They would probably get chafed if they ran with a cup on.
Me:  Hahahaha….you just said chafed.


Convo #2

Announcer:  The defense is providing deep penetration to force the quarterback into escaping out the back door.
Me:  Did that announcer just say ‘back door’?
Jesse:  (chuckling) Yes, he did.
Me:  He just said deep penetration and back door in the same sentence.
Jesse:  Seriously Valerie, just watch the game.


Convo #3

Jesse:  Wait!  What happened?  What was that penalty for?
Me:  Well, Manning knew that the other team was doing substitutions, so he performed a quick snap and forced the other team into a penalty because they had too many players on the field.
Jesse:  (with a tear  in his eye)  I’m so proud of you babe.

Oh, what will we talk about now?
<




No comments: