Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

Today was an amazing snow day...  I woke up at my normal 6am and sat around the house in my pajamas until 4 o'clock.  It was GLORIOUS! (in a sing-song voice type of way)

I finally got up and showered because Jesse called and said he got us tickets to the IU game. (If this phone call would not have taken place, I would probably still be in last night's pajamas.) Now, Jesse seems to get IU tickets all of the time, but I usually don't enjoy going to the games.  Why you ask? Mainly because he gets really good seats (I know, terrible right?) that always end up being bleacher seats, and I. HATE. BLEACHER. SEATS. I also get anxiety when I am in crowded places.  I don't like for people to touch me.  And I don't like when people don't pay attention to where they're going. And I don't like sitting shoulder to shoulder to a stranger.

Never the less, I said yes this time.  We had amazing non-bleacher seats.  Ninth row. Right on the half-court line.

And during the first minute of the game, I remembered the real reason that I don't enjoy going to IU games....

Because my husband is like the crazy, annoying mom at a Jr. High basketball game.  I'm not kidding...  He yells for the players, yells at the refs, and stands up every other play.  I really do like seeing him so happy and into the moment, but I'm also a little embarrassed by it.

Anyway, it was an awesome game!  We barely won, and we beat a team that was ranked 20th in the nation.  So I guess I should probably tell you... and  I'm a little shamed to tell you, that by the last ten minutes of the game, I was acting like the crazy, annoying mom at a Jr. High basketball game.  I was yelling for the players, yelling at the ridiculous referees, and finding it extremely difficult to stay in my seat...

So maybe I will say yes next time Jesse asks me to go to another game... And maybe I will learn to appreciate his enthusiasm and team spirit.

And maybe in my next post, I will tell you about how my husband acts when he actually gets to shake hands with the IU players and coaches...

Here's a hint - Like a thirteen year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert... Sorry to give it away, but I couldn't think of anything that rhymed with 'Bieber fever'!

Aww, he's so adorable!  :)



No comments: